How do you use the thyme from your garden? Share a favorite recipe or a quick tip.
- I wrap a bundle in bacon and then render the fat. This becomes a great smokey base to Bbq sauce.
- —Guest Brett
Thyme Simple Syrup
- I infuse thyme into simple syrup, to use in teas or bourbon drinks!
- —Guest guest mel
Need to Plant More!
- I use so much thyme on my fresh salmon that my plants are looking very sad, so I'm off to buy more plants today!
- —Guest BobbyT
For the bees!
- My bees love it as much as I do. It is antibacterial and discourages varroa and tracheal mites. One of my top recommended herbs for honeybees.
- —Guest Buzz2Bee
- A sprig of thyme in laundry & underwear storage units is lovely.
- —Guest cat1940
How I use Thyme the most
- I make blooming onions and put it in the center cut out. I also use it in grilled potatoes packets and roasted potatoes. Great in all these recipes
Thyme for Pasta
- Any Pasta dish is improved with thyme. I also add fresh Thyme to my potato salad.
- —Guest Pop for Pasta
In Tomato Soup
- I use so much fresh thyme in our homemade creamy tomato soup that it should be homemade creamy thyme soup. The more thyme the more explosive the tomato flavor, believe it or not! Yum!
- —Guest Vanessa
- Thyme is delicious with just about every vegetable.
- I like it with cauliflower, in cheese sauce and in quiche.
- —Guest FB
- Thyme and apple jelly. Great with roast pork also with roast chicken. We also "do" a sage jelly & use it in a similar manner.
- —Guest C.E.Ribbons
- Lemon Thyme gives roast chicken the most wonderful flavour!
Orange-Scented Thyme is delicious with fish, such as a tasty Mackerel or Herring.
- —Guest peardrops
As a Rub
- My husband makes a rub with dried lemon thyme for steaks. Then he cooks it in his Treager grill. It is absolutely the best!!
- —Guest Lori
- to any tomato based dish!!!!!! Italian etc... To lasagne, pasta, tortellini, ravioli, etc...
- —Guest freddo
its so healthy!!!
- a mere tablespoon of dried thyme provides 5 mg of Iron...how awesome is that? (FYI, the USRDA is 18 mg)
pair it with vitamin C and triple your body's ability to absorb it.