Bare Root Storage
- Dig you geraniums before the first frost.
- Cut the plants back by about half.
- Shake off as much soil as you can from the roots.
- Either hang the plants in a cool, dark room or place them in paper bags. If you opt for the bags, don’t seal them tightly. You want some air to circulate. If you opt to hang your geraniums, make sure there is enough space between plants for air to circulate around them.
- Check every few weeks to make sure the plants are shriveling or drying out completely. If they are, spray them with water or slightly water the root area. Allow the plant to dry off before replacing the paper bag.