Here are the basics of what you'll need to get your garden seeds started:
- Containers - Either purchased pots or flats or containers you've saved, like egg cartons and yogurt cups. Used pots should be cleaned and disinfected by soaking in 1 part bleach to 10 parts water.
- Potting Mix - Seeds do best in a soilless mix where there are fewer inherent problems than with garden soil
- Seeds - Your choice
- Labels/markers - Trust me, you won't remember what's what
- Plastic Bags or Covers - These will trap warmth and humidity where the seeds need it
- Light Source - If you don't have a bright window, you will need some kind of florescent or high density plant light