To keep the leaves from curling, you'll need a good amount of weight.
- Place the paper with the leaves inside a heavy book. You can also place more books, a weight or rock on top of the book, for more weight.
- Keep the book in a dry location and check after about 1 week. Make sure the leaves are drying and not rotting. You will probably need to leave the leaves inside the book for another 1-2 weeks before they are completely dry and ready to use.
Tip: If you’d like a more supple leaf, soak the leaves in diluted fabric softener before pressing. Or try coating the surface with a light layer of petroleum jelly.
- Strew the pressed leaves on display shelves and mantles.
- Make a centerpiece by filling a basket with your pressed leaves.
- Pressed leaves can also be used as a table dressing. Arrange the leaves on a table or table cloth and cover with a sheer cloth or a glass or plastic covering.