Seed savers have a ready made gift or party favor idea. If you save seeds from your favorite plants, you know very well that there is always more seed than you need. You get a few dozen seeds from one tomato alone. And Im sure your cleome will self-seed with abandon even if you harvest a bag full of seed pods.
Create a great gift for another gardener, especially one whos always envied your garden, by packaging up seed and presenting it in a decorative way.
What Youll Need
- Seed Youve Saved
- Small Envelopes, Made or bought at the office supply or craft store
- Photos of the plant in your garden (Optional)
- Growing Instructions (Optional)
How to Assemble Your Seed Packets
- Collect seed from your favorite open pollinated plants
- Buy or make small envelopes.
- Print out a photo of the plant, taken in your garden.
- Glue the photo to the front of the envelope.
- Write up and print out simple planting and care instructions.
- Either attach the instructions to the back of the envelope, or simply tuck them inside.
- Seal the envelope, so the seeds dont scatter.
Gift Giving Tips
- Tuck a packet of seeds in your holiday cards.
- Combine the packages in a beautiful pot.
- Place vegetable seed packages in a bowl or pan, with a wooden spoon and some recipes from your kitchen
- Create a notebook for a novice gardener and put each seed packet into a plastic sleeve with a photo and growing instructions - maybe even some design tips or recipes.
Im sure your imagination will take over once you have the seed packets in front of you.