I'm in Scotland, but I'm sure you get Lupins over in the States?? They'd be my recommended perennial .. lots of gorgeous single and bi-colours; hugely easy to grow from seed .. in fact stopping self seeding would be more of a problem! And as cut flowers they bend artistically, and have a lovely scent to top it all off! Submitted by Susie
- Zones: 4 - 8
- Colors: White, yellows, pinks, blue / purple
- Height: 2 - 3' Width: 12 - 18"
- Bloom Period: Early - mid-Summer
- Exposure: Full Sun / Partial Shade
- Notes: More lupines are done in by hot summers, than cold winters. They aren't usually long lived, but they are worth growing even as annuals. Lupines self-seed freely, where they are happy.