For shade, brunnera macrophylla - the generic version, although there are some named varieties that are also outstanding. Brunnera is one of the few plants that have true blue flowers and they are abundant in spring. After bloom time is over, the dark green foliage is a great foil for small to medium-sized variegated shade plants like Hostas. Submitted by Marcia Purse
- AKA: Siberian Bugloss, False Forget-Me-Not
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Colors: Blue
- Height: 12 - 18" Width: 12"
- Bloom Period: Late Spring
- Exposure: Shade / Partial Shade
- Notes: The foliage can get a bit ratty as the weather warms. Cut it back to new growth, to rejuvenate.