Gotta be Columbine there are so many different varieties, they come up early and with trimming stay around a long time. Submitted by by MargeB
In the Colorado Rockies at high altitude and zone 3 ..Columbines and Icelandic poppies. Our residence has been lived in by three generations of the same family. These Columbines and Poppies (some planted by grandmother, bed expanded and more added by mother) have been thriving and reseeding without much care since probably the 1960's! Easy, perfect perennial for our area and great color. Submitted by Nancy
- Zones: Depends on variety 3 - 9
- Colors: White, Pink, Lavender, Peach, Blue, Yellow, Bi-colors
- Height: 12 - 24" Width: 12 - 24"
- Bloom Period: Late Spring / Early Summer
- Exposure: Full Sun / Partial Shade (They don't like to fry in summer.)
- Notes: Check on the species you are buying. Some prefer moist woodland conditions, others are alpine species that need good drainage.