Ajuga! That's another name for Bugleweed! It's a great ground cover and comes in different leaf colors. It spreads and spreads so you can plant it alone or let it wander throughout your other perennials. I love to plant it in front of Hosta beds, too. It prevents weeds from growing and boy does it look pretty when it blooms in late spring! A beautiful blue flower! The more plants, the prettier it is when it blooms. It grows well in sun or shade, has no problems to speak of and as it spreads you can dig up the new plants and move them elsewhere. What an amazing plant that can even grow in Zone 3! Submitted by Marney
- AKA: Bugleweed, Carpet Bugle
- Zones: 3 - 9
- Colors: Blue
- Height: 2 - 6" Width: Groundcover
- Bloom Period: Late Spring / Early Summer
- Exposure: Full Sun / Partial Shade
- Notes: Grown for its foliage. All parts of the plant are poisonous if eaten.