- All New Square Foot Gardening: Grow More in Less Space!, by Mel Bartholomew Published by Cool Springs Press (2006)l
Readers' Quotes: "...full of helpful information on back-yard gardening, especially in limited space." "Details, like how many seeds you'll need, are very helpful."
Readers' Quotes:: "Deserves to be in every gardener's library because it can pretty much answer any question you have on any plant you might be inclined to grow."
- Planting Design: Gardens in Time and Space, by Piet Oudolf, Noel Kingsbury Published by Timber Press, Inc. (2005)
Readers' Quotes: "Innovative ideas presented with incredible photos." "...includeds many native plants and natural landscaping ideas."
- Sunset National Garden Book Sunset Publishing Corporation (1997) [Note: Out of print, but available used.]
Readers' Quotes: "I prefer their more detailed climate zones to the usual ones." "...includes just about everything you need to know about plants."
- The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting & Pruning Techniques See Inside The Well-Tended Perennial Garden: Planting & Pruning Techniques, by Tracy DiSabato-Aust Published by Timber Press, Inc. (2006 - 2nd Ed.)
Readers' Quotes: "Great for the pruning advice alone." "Covers everything about perennials."
Readers' Quotes: "For the first time, I'm ready to plant a garden based on my food needs." "...has a unique approach to gardening based on the foods being grown..."
- Dirr's Encyclopedia of Trees and Shrubs, by Michael A. Dirr Published by Timber Press, Inc. (October 2011)
Readers' Quotes: "Dirr is the definitive source for information on woody plants." "OMG, there is so much information here!"
- Fast, Fresh Garden Edibles: Quick Crops for Small Spaces, by Jane Courtier Published by Creative Homeowner Press (February 2011)
Readers' Quotes: "This book provides everything a layman and even experienced gardeners should know about gardening in small spaces... It's accurate and detailed and fun to read." "...a book that is easy to reference and understand."
- Gardening for a Lifetime: How to Garden Wiser as You Grow Older, By Sydney Eddison Published by Timber Press, Inc. (April 2010)
Readers' Quotes: "There's hope for those of us with sore knees." "Beautifully written. The advise is useful to anyone trying to downsize their garden."
- Tender: A Cook and His Vegetable Patch, by Nigel Slater Published by Ten Speed Press (July 2011)
Readers' Quotes: "Great photos. Personal gardening tips. Unusual recipes." "Yum."