Since the squirrels were kind enough to leave me some sunflowers this year, I may actually get some seeds. To be honest, the variety I grew has small seeds which will probably go to the birds and chipmunks - and squirrels. Nest year I'll probably plant 'Russian Mammoth' or 'Greystripe' again. But they've put me in the mood pick up some more and whip up something wonderful. I like them as snacks, of course, but they're a lot more versatile than I thought.
- Basil Sunflower Seed Pesto
- Sunflower Seed-Crusted Lamb Loin
- Broccoli Sunflower Seed Salad
- Lettuce, Mango and Sunflower Seed Salad (Parve)
- Eastern European Sunflower Seed Bread
- Banana Sunflower Seed Cookies
Photo: © Marie Iannotti